Welcome New International Students
We know you are excited to begin your studies at Eastern Washington University. The Office of Global Initiatives is your resource on campus for information on what you need to do before arrival. Please make sure you have applied for housing and that your travel plans allow for your arrival and residence hall check-in.
Step 1: Register for your Eagles Email
All students are required to have a NetID to apply for housing and access EWU electronic services including registration and must use Eagles email as their official email address.
Step 2: Register for Classes (if academic student)
Academic students must register on-line for courses prior to arrival. Classes are filling fast—register now for the best selection. English Language Institute students will take a placement test upon arrival and be automatically registered for classes.
Step 3: Apply for On-Campus Housing
New first-year students are required to live on campus. Living on campus is an important component of a student's first year at Eastern Washington University. It is very important that you apply for housing as soon as possible.
Step 4: Request Airport Pickup
Airport pick-up is available for fall quarter with at least 48 hours prior notice. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1-509-359-2331 to schedule your airport pick-up. If you do not receive a confirmation of your pick-up request within 24 hours, please call +1-509-359-2331.
Step 5: Check into Your Residence Hall on Sept. 17 or 18
Check-in begins on Sept. 17 at 8 a.m. Review your check-in information on your Housing Move-in Day email for your residence hall information. International students may request an airport pickup service to take you from the airport to your residence hall to check-in.
Step 6: Attend Your Mandatory Orientation
When: Sept. 19, check-in at 9:00 a.m.
Where: Hargreaves Hall First Floor Lobby
International students must bring the following documents to check-in:
- Passport for you and any dependents
- Current I-20/DS-2019
- I-94 Arrival/Departure printout (or card)
All new international students, including international transfer students and English Language Institute students are required to attend Welcome Week. As the newest members of the EWU community, we want to welcome you to the campus and provide you with resources to be successful in your academic career. Please plan your arrival to campus to allow for your residence hall check-in and Welcome Week. If you do not attend Orientation and do not check-in with our office upon arrival, your student account will be locked.
- Airport pick-up is available for fall quarter with at least 48 hour prior notice. Please email email@example.com or call 001-509-359-2331 to schedule your pick-up. If you do not receive a confirmation of your pick-up request within 24 hours, please call 001-509-359-2331.
- Health Insurance for International Students
- Recommended Immunizations
- EWU Global Ambassadors
- EWU Campus Map – Cheney (PDF)
- Campus Parking in Cheney (PDF)
- EWU Campus Map – Riverpoint in Spokane (PDF)
- Holiday Inn Express, Cheney University Area (1.7 mi. from campus)
- Super 8 Motel (8.7 mi. from campus)
- Holiday Inn Spokane-Airport (13.7 mi. from campus)
- Ramada Inn, Spokane Airport (17.1 mi. from campus)