C. Current Documents
- Submit a student datasheet by the 10th day of each quarter along with copies of any new immigration documents. The datasheet helps OGI report correct information about you to the Department of Homeland Security, which our office must do for every student each quarter. Datasheets must have full, complete, and accurate information, including local residence (including both street address and apartment #), valid phone number, and working Eagles email address.
- Keep your passport valid. Your passport must be valid at least 6 months into the future at all times. Only the issuing country can help you with renewal or replacement – contact the nearest consulate as soon as possible if you need to replace or renew your passport. In the case of loss or theft, some Consulates require that a police report be filed.
- You are required to carry your immigration documents (passport stamped with entry information and I-20 or DS-2019) with you even if you are remaining in the United States. Keep at least a copy with you at all times if you are off campus.
- Be sure you have signed your I-20 or DS-2019
- Apply for extension of your I-20/DS-2019 at least thirty days before the expiration date. Do not let your I-20/DS 2019 expire without talking to an immigration advisor.
- Report any change of residential address and/or phone number to OGI within 10 days, both while you are a student and during your Optional Practical Training or Academic Training period. J-1 students may also need to inform the Program Sponsor that issued their DS-2019.
- Check your I-94 Arrival Departure Record for yourself and any dependents each time you travel to make sure that you have been admitted in the correct status (F-1, J-1) and for D/S or "Duration of Status". Visit https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94 to review your electronic record. Provide a copy to OGI for your file each time you return to the U.S. If you have trouble finding your I-94 record, or you find it but it has errors, OGI can help.
- Nonimmigrant students must maintain valid health insurance that meets EWU standards at all times. Waivers for the EWU insurance must be renewed each term by the 6th day.
- Insurance is required for J-1 students doing AT, and is available on a quarterly basis by request to students participating in post-completion OPT.