Washington Driver’s Licenses and Identification Cards

Washington Driver’s Licenses and Identification Cards

If you plan to drive in the U.S., you should apply for a U.S. driver’s license.  The Washington State Department of Licensing (DOL) issues driver’s licenses for people living in Washington.  They also issue Washington ID cards for residents of Washington who do not need a license, but want an identification card for everyday use.

Visit the Washington Department of Licensing website to get current details on the process of getting your license or ID.   

Steps to getting your first license: https://www.dol.wa.gov/driverslicense/steps.html

We recommend printing a copy of the list of acceptable documents for showing your resident status and marking the documents you are bringing with you. https://www.dol.wa.gov/driverslicense/idcards.html .  If you will be using an official transcript to show residency, make sure to update your address in https://my.ewu.edu before ordering the transcript.

Letters from an immigration advisor including your SEVIS record are no longer accepted for F-1 students or their dependents.