Enrollment Opens During Winter Registration
Dates: March 19 - April 1, 2018*
* Students participating in the trip are required to enroll in CRIM 416 or SOCI 320 (5 credits) during winter term and CRIM 496 or SOCI 496 for an additional 5 credits.
Program Cost: approx. $3,100 plus EWU tuition
- Round trip airfare from Spokane to Cape Town, South Africa with layover in Dubai
- Shared accomodations in a private student lodge in the Observatory district of Cape Town
- Ground transportation to all scheduled visits on program itinerary
- Orientation program prior to departure and upon arrival in Cape Town
- Group Welcome Meal with live entertainment
- Visits to the University of the Western Cape and University of Cape Town with campus tours
- Guest lectures on Race and Ethnic Relations, Sociology and South African Criminal Justice
- Visits to Robben Island, Tours of District Six Museum, Bo-Kaap Museum and Slave Lodge, Magistrates Court of Cape Town, Desmond Tutu Peace Centre, and the Institute for Justice and Rehabilitation
- Half-day workshop with the Cape Town Holocaust Centre
- Full-day excursions to Cape of Good Hope and Table Mountain
- Half-day excursion to Langa Township with community guide
- Student medical insurance with 24-hour emergency care assistance during program and repatriation in cases of verified emergency beyond students' control.
What else do you need to know:
- You MUST have a valid passport prior to travel. Passport fees are not included in the program price.
- Meals other than those listed and personal expenses are not included in the program price. Plan to estimate about $40 a day for food.
- There is a $125 non-refundable damage deposit required for the student lodge.
Limited space available!! Contact Profs Bell and Bartlett in the Sociology and Justice Department for enrollment information or visit Megan Abbey in HAR 103.