Skip to content

Exchange Visitors

Below is a list of Exchange Visitor forms for the School of Global Learning (SGL) that can now be completed online.

Note: If you have already started a specific online form, do not start a new one. Please go to your User Home Page to continue working on your online form.

New Exchange Visitors

  • Visiting Scholar Application (EWU Departments only) - Departments who would like to submit a request to bring in a new J-1 short-term scholar, research scholar, or professor may do so through by submitting this form.
  • Pre-Arrival/Orientation Check-in - This will provide you with important information after receiving your DS-2019 to prepare for arrival at EWU. You must also provide copies of your U.S. immigration documents upon entry to the U.S. for SGL records.

Current Exchange Visitors

  • Change of Financial Support - if your funding changes while you are studying or conducting research, you must submit new documentation to update your DS-2019.
  • Dependent Request - if you plan to bring a spouse and/or dependent child (unmarried, under 21 years old) with you
  • DS-2019 Reprint Request - if your existing DS-2019 was lost or stolen
  • Leave of Absence/Withdrawal Notification (J-1 Student) - if you wish to take a temporary absence, you must submit related documentation to discuss its impact on your immigration status.
  • Program Extension (J-1 Student) - if you will not complete your academic program by the program end date stated on the DS-2019, you must apply for an extension in advance. Note: only medical or academic are acceptable reasons per immigration regulations.
  • ​​Transfer Out - if you plan to transfer to another U.S. school/sponsor program, SGL must first review your SEVIS record before granting access to the new school/program.

Employment Authorization

  • Academic Training - J-1 students requesting advance off-campus work authorization for employment training or practical experience, related to their field of study.
  • On-Campus Employment - J-1 students should register their on-campus employment with SGL. Use this form to update your on-campus employer information for SEVIS reporting. Please do so as soon as you get the employment.