Skip to content

Current Students

Below is a list of Current F-1 Student forms for the School of Global Learning (SGL) that can now be completed online. If you are a current J-1 Student, please use the Exchange Visitor forms.

Note: If you have already started a specific online form, do not start a new one. Please go to your User Home Page to continue working on your online form.

Immigration Requests/Updates

  • Change of Education Level - if you receive admission to a new degree program at EWU
  • Concurrent Enrollment - If you want to take a class at another school or university while you are still an EWU student
  • Dependent Request - if you plan to bring a spouse and/or dependent child (unmarried, under 21 years old) with you
  • I-20 Reprint Request - if your existing I-20 was lost or stolen
  • Leave of Absence/Withdrawal Notification - If you wish to take a temporary absence, you must submit related documentation to discuss its impact on your immigration status.
  • F-1 (I-20) Program Extension - If you will not complete your academic program by the program end date stated on the I-20, you must apply for an extension in advance. Note: only medical or academic are acceptable reasons per immigration regulations.
  • Reduced Course Load - Immigration regulations require F-1 students to maintain full-time enrollment each academic term. Students who need to drop below full-time must obtain prior approval from the SGL.
  • ​SEVIS Reactivation - to return from a leave of absence of less than 5 months
  • Transfer Out - If you plan to transfer to another U.S. school, the SGL must first review your SEVIS record before granting access to the new school.
  • Change of Financial Support - If your sponsor changes while you are studying, you must submit new documentation to update your I-20.

Third-Party Sponsored Student Updates

  • SACM Request - if you are a sponsored student by the Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission (SACM) and need to request letters/documents from EWU.  If you are requesting a change of major, it is a good idea to check the MOHE website to see if the major you want is currently open at EWU.
    Need a little help with the SACM form?  Check out the  SACM Requests Guide or come by HAR 103.

Employment Authorization

  • Cap-Gap Extension - to extend your employment authorization if your employer has a pending H-1B petition to USCIS on your behalf
  • Curricular Practical Training (CPT) - F-1 students requesting off-campus work authorization, related to their program of study, prior to graduation. Note: CPT cannot be backdated if submitted late to SGL.
  • Off-Campus Employment - Severe Economic Hardship
  • Optional Practical Training (OPT) - F-1 students requesting work authorization for up to one year, related to their program of study. Note: should be submitted at least 3 months prior to the requested employment start date.
    • SEVP Portal Update - If you already have OPT approved with an EAD card, you are required to report all employer details via the SEVP Portal within 10 days of a change of employment, physical/mailing address, phone number, or email address.
      • If you have questions using the SEVP Portal, please contact an immigration advisor for assistance.
  • STEM OPT Extension - F-1 students on OPT after earning a bachelor, master, or doctoral degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (government approved STEM fields) can apply for 24 months of additional OPT if they have a job or job offer from an E-Verify employer and meet all other required criteria.
    • OPT Employment Update - If you already have STEM OPT approved with an EAD card, you are required to report all employer details directly to SGL within 10 days of a change of employment.
  • STEM OPT Validation Report - While on the STEM OPT extension, you must submit a "Validation Report" every 6 months starting from the date the OPT extension begins and ending when your F-1 status or the extension ends, whichever is first.
  • Trying to figure out the I-765?  We have a sample online to help. Form I-765 Sample